There are 12 Town Councillors representing the two wards in Keswick – East and West. Elections for all 12 seats on the Town Council are held every four years, with the next election due to take place in May 2019. As Keswick Town Council is sole trustee of Fitz and Hope Parks, all Town Councillors also act as Trustees of the parks.
A Town Councillor’s role is varied and includes:
- Acting as a representative for residents and bringing their views to the Council’s decision making process both on matters relating to Town Council services and on general issues affecting the town.
- Participating in the governance, policy setting and strategic management of the Council through work on committees and as a Member of Council.
- Responding to residents’ enquiries and representations.
- Representing the Council on other bodies.
Keswick Town Councillors are not paid for their work as Members of the Town Council.
Keswick Town Councillors by Ward
- East Ward – Susan Leighton, Tony Lywood, Duncan Miller, Jean Murray, Adam Paxon, Martin Pugmire, Allan Daniels
- West Ward – David Burn, Martin Jordan, Denstone Kemp, Graham Kendall, Paul Titley