The Council is sole trustee of Keswick’s two main parks – Hope and Fitz Park – which are both held in trust for ‘recreation and enjoyment for the inhabitants of and visitors to the town of Keswick and its neighbourhood’. As such, it has responsibility for the Parks’ management, maintenance and development. It also has responsibility for maintaining Wivell Park including the War Memorial and ‘Pups’ shelter, and the Townsfield (a registered Village Green). All Town Councillors also act as Trustees of the Parks.
Addressing Climate Change – What have we done so far
- Introduced a Climate Change Action Group
- Declared a Climate Change Emergency
- Use only peat free compost
- Use glysophate free weed killer
- Gradually introducing more bee friendly plants
- Introducing a Bug Hotel to Fitz Park